Everyone owns a vacuum cleaner to keep their home clean, and you do too. Many of us think that vacuuming every day will keep the carpets clean. However, it’s not true. If you want to keep your carpets clean and sanitised deep and thorough cleaning by certified professionals every 10 to 18 months is a must. Here are the reasons why only vacuuming is not the best method for carpet cleaning.
1. Call professionals to steam clean your carpet asap: Vacuuming removes dust and dirt only from the surface which is not enough. Every time you step on the carpet, you end up grinding dirt into the carpet fibers. This causes the carpet to wear out faster. Dirty carpets do not last as long as clean carpets. The longer you wait to have your carpet cleaned, the faster it will fall apart. It is best not to attempt at steam cleaning the carpets yourself as there is high probability for damage. That’s why we highly recommend to hire an experienced professional carpet cleaners for the job.
2. Reason to clean carpets is not only to remove dirt: We all know outdoor air is polluted with bacteria, fungus, pollens and hundreds of chemicals that are undetectable to us. When you, family members and pets come home, you carry all these in your shoes, on your skin, hair, and clothing. If you or your family members have a health problem like allergies, asthma, emphysema, or other breathing problems, dirty carpets can become trigger for these health issues. Vacuuming absorbs dust particles from the surface of the carpet only, it does not remove harmful chemicals and bacteria. In case you have a sensitive health, you should contact a certified professional carpet cleaner to steam clean the carpets.
3. Hot water extraction: One of the most effective ways to clean carpeting is with hot water. This method thoroughly cleans your carpet of dirt, fungus, chemicals, harmful bacteria and tobacco residue. The methods that use cold water remove dirt but are not as effective as the hot water extraction. You may have the misconception that hot water will damage your carpet, but it isn’t true. Professional carpet cleaners clean the carpets by washing and rinsing them with hot water. They are experienced and skilled in hot water extraction technique. That’s why it is best to seek their help.
4. Do not wait if the carpet stains: When there is a stain on the carpet, rubbing it to remove the stain will spread it more and can distort the carpet’s pile or furry shape. Moisture seeps deeper into the carpet the longer you wait to clean it. Vacuuming will not help in this case. So, dab the stain by spraying carpet cleaner on a piece of cloth, rinse with a clean cloth the same way and let the stain dry. To soak up remaining moisture, pile on a stack of paper towels and place heavy materials like pot or vase on top. Then leave it there overnight to ensure all wetness is fully absorbed. If sticky stuff like bubble gum or other light adhesive stick on the carpet. The best way to take it off is by using a plastic but jagged knife.
5. Choose a carpet that’s not a dust absorber: Picking a high layers of fluff or shag carpet will trap more dust. Vacuuming only can do so much to remove dust from such carpets. So to prevent dust from collecting in the carpet, choose a natural and durable materials like wool instead of synthetic ones like nylon. The most common error people make when vacuuming is that they do it too fast. Vacuuming slowly allows a vacuum cleaner to do its best work by vibrating carpet fibers and containing dust in the vacuum.
6. Get certified professional carpet cleaners: Many companies own modern carpet cleaning equipment but a large number of employees don’t know how to use them. For instance, you might know someone who bought the latest computer on the market but didn’t learn how to use it for a long time. In the same way, the company may own new equipment which the employees may not know how to use it correctly. So, it is important to carefully choose skilled carpet cleaners. Before you choose a carpet cleaning company, ask if they are certified professional carpet cleaners or not.
The longer your carpet remains dirty, the faster they will wear out. But if you keep it dust free by vacuuming on a regular basis as well as and clean it with the help of professional carpet cleaners, it will increase the lifespan of carpet significantly. For licensed and experienced carpet cleaning service in Adelaide, call CRG Carpet Cleaning at 0411 154 433.