Struggling to remove muddy footprints and dirty soil stains from your carpet? Carpets are a fabric just like other textiles which will soak up any spills that may occur. This can result from a child walking around with muddy feet or shoes, sticky candies, pets that have muddy fur or feet and people bringing in dirt and mud from outdoors. It’s imperative to know the best method to clean up each type of spill. Here are some tips: –
- Allow the mud to dry first before making any effort to clean it from the carpet and preventing the stain from spreading or soaking into the fibres and backing.
- When the mud is dry, slowly vacuum the affected area to remove any excess mud. Vacuuming for more than 2/3 times is recommended.
- Once the mud is completely removed, prepare a solution of warm water and laundry detergent making sure that the grains have been completely dissolved. Test on a small area first so that there is no further discolouration.
- Use a stain eraser ball to gently work the detergent deep into the fibres of the carpet. Alternatively, use a white cloth to blot the solution and gently clean your carpet. If the stain is stubborn, make a mixture of warm water and vinegar and apply it to the spotted area.
- Once the area looks clean rinse with fresh and clean water. This removes any leftover mud and soap suds.
- Let your carpet dry thoroughly before vacuuming again to fluff up the fibre.
- If there is an odour, sprinkle the carpet with baking soda and vacuum it again.
- If your carpet still has muddy and dirty stains, then it’s time to hire a professional carpet cleaner.
It is recommended that you clean your feet prior to entering indoors, so the carpet remains free from muddy footprints and dirty soil stains. Hire CRG Carpet Cleaning experts by phone at 0411 154 433 for more stain removal solutions.