Do you have a stubborn carpet stain? Fortunately, simple tricks can help remove stains effectively. An iron is used in smoothing out clothes. However, it can also be used to clean carpets. The iron acts as a mini steam cleaner and is quite effective in removing stains.
Here are the tips to eliminate difficult stains by using an iron.
White Vinegar, Water and Ammonia Solution
1. First, make a solution of 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water or for a stronger solution combine 1 part ammonia with 3 parts of hot water. Put the solution into a spray bottle and leave it to sit for some minutes.
2. Preheat the iron. Spray the solution liberally onto the carpet stain, then spread a clean towel over it.
3. Place the iron onto the towel, moving it around slowly to avoid scorching the carpet. After a few seconds, pull back one edge of the towel and check for results.
4. If required, spray the extra solution onto the stain as needed to keep it moist. Repeat the ironing process using another clean towel. Depending on the severity of the stain, you may need to repeat the process.
Dishwashing Liquid and Water Solution
1. Make a solution comprising 5 drops of concentrated liquid dish-washing soap and 2 cups of warm water into a small bucket.
2. Preheat an iron.
3. Place a white cotton towel into the soap and water solution and squeeze out excess water.
4. Spread a towel over the stain and place the iron on top of the towel.
5. Keep the iron on the towel at a low setting until you see the stain soak into the towel. Repeat the same process until the entire stain has been removed.
6. After you have removed the stain, vacuum the entire carpet and allow the carpet to air dry.
For removing top 5 carpet stains, read “How to remove the top 5 Carpet Stains?”