Removing carpet stains can be important for those who want to get their carpets in good condition and tiptop shape. And it is always better to clean the carpet when something spills before it leaves a stain but sometimes this is not always possible. If you accidentally drop something liquid like wine, ink or your pet diddles or messes many times on your carpet, in a hurry you go for a towel. But later you realise you have just spread the stain and rubbed it deeper. So removing stains from the carpet properly is an art. There are many ways and techniques to remove the every carpet stains.
Remove pet stains from Carpet
Your playful pet spends a lot of time rolling over your carpet and leaves your carpet messy that might leave your carpet stink of a bad odor. Usually, many pet owners face the challenge of cleaning up the mess made by their pets. There are methods and substances that can remove the carpet stains and can rid the odor.
- Clean up all the mess made by pets first and if the mess is a stool, pick it up with gloves and dispose of. If the mess is wet then use the blot method to soak up the moisture without rubbing. Let the carpet dry and blot repeatedly unless the carpet is almost dry.
- After the stain has dried on the carpet fibers, then apply a carpet stain cleaning product specially targeted at pet stains
- To remove the odor and spot you will need to try several tactics. You can use the proven urine odor removal method and avoid using ammonia-based products to clean dog urine. So, create a solution of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 warm water and spray this solution onto the spot. Allow it to soak and proceed with the blot technique until the stain is gone and the spot is almost completely dry.
Remove Coffee Stains from carpet
Coffee stains can be tricky and leave a carpet filthy if not treated properly. Here are some steps to help you remove coffee stains from the carpet.
- Dry the stain and blot to absorb as much of the liquid as possible.
- Make a solution of vinegar, water, and non-bleach detergent, blot the solution on the stain with a clean rag.
- Sponge the stain with cold water.
- Bolt dry and repeat until the carpet stain disappears.
Also, follow our blog Simple ways to remove Coffee Stains from a Carpet to know about removing coffee stains from carpet.
Remove Kool-Aid stains
Kool-aid can be one of the most difficult carpet stains to treat, despite with the right treatments, you can remove these stains. Here are the steps below to remove the tough carpet stains caused by the kool-aid.
- Blot the stain with a dry towel. Do not rub the stain as this can make more difficult to remove the stain.
- Make a mixture of vinegar, dawn dish soap, and water in a spray bottle. Spray the stained area liberally and let soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Blot with a clean and dry towel until the stain is removed.
- If the stain is a stubborn one, use carpet stain removal products which can be a great benefit for eliminating many carpet stains. Bissel Carpet Stain Treatment, Resolve Carpet Cleaner, and Oxi-Clean are stain removal products. Always be sure to test a small area of the carpet to assure there won’t be any negative impact from these substances.
Remove Blood Stains
The biological components in blood that make it react with substances differently than other stains. So, be more careful while removing blood stains and as fast you act, the more effective the carpet stain removal will be. Here are the ways to remove blood carpet stains.
- If the blood stain on the carpet is fresh always use cold water instead of hot water. And use hot water to reactivate an old stain.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of liquid, grease-fighting dish detergent in a spray bottle with a full bottle of water and spray the solution on the blood stain.
- Blot it with dry and clean clothes and rinse with cold water. Repeat it until the stain was removed.
Remove ink stains
Ink stains are the most common problem which makes the stain worst even can result in the destruction of your carpet. Similarly, ink stains are easier to remove when they are treated as soon as possible. Here are some effective ways to remove ink stains.
- Wet a clean cloth with isopropyl alcohol and then blot the wet cloth on the ink-stained Be careful not to rub, this could cause the ink to spread. Leave it for a few minutes and then use a liquid friendly vacuum to remove the excess moisture.
- If required you may need to treat the carpet stain with alcohol again. You can also use some hairsprays and nail polish removers work well, but they are extremely risky to use as it can damage your carpet and can occur colorfastness problems.
- When using any chemicals, rinse with water, then blot until the spot is dry.
While working on a stain, it’s usually best to start from the outside perimeter and move in toward the middle to prevent spreading the stain and making it larger.
These are the few preventive measures to clean the carpet stain that you can keep your carpet as good as new with minimal effort. When all these tactics are used in combination, even if you encounter a stubborn stain that you can’t remove, contact CRG Carpet Cleaning experts via email or via phone on 0411 154 433.